Wednesday 12 October 2011

On the road again...and again...and again.

When I look at all these influential figures in the media today, I can't help but ask myself, "Why can't I look like that?". When I read an interview about Jessica Biel, or Jennifer Garner and find out that their favourite food is tacos, or cheeseburgers, I wonder how they can look so fit, yet love the same foods I love. I am 21 years old and about 30 pounds overweight. I am definitely no Jessica Biel. Chicken wings are my life and is the hardest junk food for me to kick. I love crispy Cajun wings and at one point, ate them every day. If I could eat just one thing for the rest of my life, it would be crispy, deep fried chicken wings. If I were to get my wish, I may fulfill my cravings, but at the same time I would be overfilling my jeans. I recently came to realize that food is not be friend, and if I want to look like a star, I have to work like a star.
With eating bad and not working out, I have increasingly become more depressed and easily agitated. I have pushed away most of my friends and all of my boyfriends because I am not satisfied with who I am. I was once the center of attention, the one people would call every day in hopes of having a plan to go out. I am alone now and even more depressed about it. I have decided that from now on, I will not beat myself up. I won't feel sorry for myself and blame my past for my present. I will not listen to my stomach telling me, "Come on woman, all I want is a pint and a pound today. Just help me out over here". What I need most now is to feel healthy, and secondly look healthy.
For all of you who are currently going through the same struggle, I hope you find peace and motivation in my blog, as I will be tracking my actions, thoughts, and life daily in this blog. I hope to hear from other people who are also struggling with the loss of a best friend. For me, I've decided to cut off my number one friend, the only one who ever has understood me, deep fried chicken wings. While I take you on a journey of my past, present, and future, I hope I can motivate others to laugh, cry, then get up off the couch and join me on my mission-- operation fling the wing! Please stay tuned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment