Wednesday 12 October 2011

Hope for the better.

Every night before I go to bed, I tell myself when I wake up, I'll be a better person. I'll be strong, motivated, and ready to take on the world. Then when I wake, I don't want to get out of bed. I feel like just laying there all day. Today was a good day, which motivated me to start up this blog. Maybe no one wo read it, but at least it will help me, and I hope it can help others too.
To say I have had a stressful life is a bit of an understatement, gov'ner. At the age of 21, I was on my own at the age of 15, living from city to city. I've rented at least 5 different places, not by choice. I've been taken advantage of way too many times, been assaulted, been robbed, been raped. I've been held up at gunpoint in my own house. Let's just say the man upstairs hasn't quite blessed me and I continue to question his existence at all. It's now time for me to stop making excuses and start analyzing who I am and how my past can shape my future for the better.
Today is day one of my challenge. I will not pity myself anymore. I've noticed now more than ever that I can't rely on anyone but myself and am ready to begin the greatest friendship of all, one with my own self. They say you can't love anyone until you love yourself and I finally understand what that means now. It's a good day, a day to love yourself, a day to push your limits, and a day to be who I want to be, instead of being who I think I've become. Oatmeal, tuna, and egg whites for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, probably for dinner too. Maybe this diet isn't as tasty as Pizza Hut and Wing Shack, but as long as I remind myself that it's just temporary, I think I can get by!

No comments:

Post a Comment